The Souhrada Family Website
Source: Feock at Cornish-Links http://www.cornish-links.co.uk/feock.htm
The parish of Feock is situated on the river Fal, in the deanery
and Hundred of Powder. It is bounded on the north by the parish of Kea, on the
east by the river Fal, which separates it from St Just-in-Roseland and
Philleigh, on the south by Restronguet Creek, which separates it from Mylor,
and on the west by Perranarworthal. The name of the parish is based on the name
of a saint, Fioc or Feoca, about whom little is known. There is a local
tradition the saint lived in a small hut near a well in the area named La
The pretty village of Feock is on the western shore of the river Fal, and at the head of Carrick Roads natural harbour; it may be approached from the Truro/Falmouth road or across the river by the King Harry car (chain) ferry. Oyster Boats are a beautiful sight as they sail back and forth in the winter when the oyster beds are being dredged. It has been recorded that in a good season, a fleet of thirty to forty can be working in this area and around Restronguet Point. They were originally built on the quay at Pill, but not all to the same exact design….
To the west of Feock is Trelissick House and its extensive gardens, now owned by the National Trust. A little village in this parish is named Come-to-Good; here was established the first meeting of the Society of Friends (Quakers) in this part of Cornwall. The parish of Devoran was formed from part of this parish in 1873. The main villages in the parish were Devoran (which transferred when it became a separate parish), the Churchtown, Pill, La Feock (or Le Vege), Trevella, and King Harry.